Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Found My “Can’t Wait to Give It” Gift

I just received My Very Merry Christmas Board Book in the mail, and one look through it, I knew it was my “can’t wait to give it” Christmas gift. You know there’s always one or two gifts each year that make you giddy with anticipation to see the recipients' faces when they unwrap their presents.
  
This year it will be my 3-year-old niece’s face I’ll get to watch light up when I read to her from her new book, “Jocelyn’s Very Merry Christmas.” The only problem is her 6-year-old sister may be disappointed she didn’t get one too.
I See Me! Personalized Children's BooksThe book is recommended for children 0-6. So while I missed it for Jocelyn’s sister and another 6-year-old nephew, I won’t despair. The Christmas title is the 11th personalized children’s book from the award-winning company, I See Me! Inc. The company got its start nearly 12 years ago when its founders received a personalized book for their own child and thought they might be able to create a better product.  

I’d say they succeeded in creating a quality product for kids of all ages. The illustrations are beautiful. The Christmas book has a quaint, patchwork quilt look to it. I am no art expert, but I know what I like. Each page makes me feel like I’m enjoying a cup of hot cocoa, sitting in front of a warm fire with Grandma’s hand-knit afghan wrapped around me and all the people I love nearby. Yeah, really, like that.
The story is simple and sweet and Jocelyn’s name is inserted in a natural way, not forced like in some personalized books I’ve read.

The World According to Me is another title from the company and is geared toward the 4-12-year-old reader,  the original title is My Very Own© Name, and there is A Hanukkah Bear for Me book as well. A few of these books are likely to find their way into the hands of my other nieces and nephews for upcoming birthdays and holidays.
My Very Merry Christmas Board Book retails for $24.95. Check it out at I See Me Personalized Books.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such an amazing, unique gift!

    ReplyDelete