Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Imaginets: A Toy Worth Fighting Over

The value of a toy, to me, a mom of three very busy young boys, is its ability to entertain, educate if possible, and to do it without much interaction from me. Just being honest.

The “Imaginets” from MindWare was the perfect toy for my guys on a recent overnight trip, when we were up too late and crowded in too small of a hotel room.

With its wooden traveling case, containing 42 magnetic wood blocks and 50 full-color design cards, the toy became a fast favorite of my 5-year-old and fought over by my nearly 10-year-old. Plus, a few days later, the toy was the exact distraction my 2-year-old needed while I hosted a book club meeting in my home but didn’t have childcare on hand.  (The toy is recommended for children 3 and older due to its small parts.)
The cards give easy, visual instruction of how to arrange the wooden blocks, easy enough for the 5-year-old to follow, but there are enough different blocks to allow for kids’ own creative designs.
The traveling case makes it easy to pack in the car or take on an airplane. So if you’re just looking for something for your kids to do at home or while traveling, I highly recommend “Imaginets,” priced at a reasonable $29.95.

For more ideas for toys and gifts, check out the www.Kidwinks.com shopping guide!http://www.kidwinks.com/ShoppingKidFun/Gifts/Toys/

1 comment:

  1. My 5 year old daughter has been playing with Imaginets and loves them as well. She can go through the cards on her own and has a great time without any assistance from me :) The wood case is great to hold everything also. Because both sides of the case are magnetic, you could easily have 2 kids playing with this, each creating their own picture. A fun toy!

    ReplyDelete