Friday, October 7, 2011

Kidwinks vistis Hallowed Haunts - Chicago Symphony Orchestra

My family and I love Halloween.  I really enjoy classical music although I am not a aficionado.  I use to go to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on Michigan Ave. in Chicago a couple of times a year but that was before kids.  Now I go about once a decade.  I loved Hallowed Haunts presented by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, a concert specifically for kids.  Go early because there are activity stations set up for the kids where they can do crafts and a haunted trail that they can walk through.  All of it is geared for the younger set.  The performance itself is only an hour which is the perfect amount of time for kids.  All of the musicains too are dressed in costume.  It is obvious that the orchestra is enjoying the relaxed playful atmosphere.  Once the performance starts the music comes to life.   The maestro and his terrified assistant must use the power of the baton to control the ghoulish orchestra of the undead and lead them in concert. It is a twist on the classic story The Sorcerer's Apprentice and is brought vividly to life in concert.  Dress up in costume and take the kids to this concert at least once.  ~ Nina
For more information follow this link - Hallowed Haunts - Chicago Symphony Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment